Can't correctly bake lighting for any optimised meshes

Billy Yeung

17 hours ago, Billy Yeung said:

I just brought the plugin and found that the Lightmap UV seems to be wrong after combining the meshes.

Before optimize:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jCQ5g8kA2jLMAGmOGdabtg_DNs1x9vKv/view?usp=share_link

After optimize:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13huSF76cyOg34R7aJylxcqlDsw7obmiv/view?usp=share_link

Hi Billy Yee Young,

Thanks for reaching out about the issue you experienced with the Scene Optimizer. We're sorry for any trouble this may have caused you. We released an update to address the issue with light maps in Unity, but we need more information to investigate further. Could you please provide us with your Unity version and the steps you took when using the Scene Optimizer, as well as any error messages you encountered? This will help us resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation.

20 hours ago, Manny said:

Hi Billy Yee Young,

Thanks for reaching out about the issue you experienced with the Scene Optimizer. We're sorry for any trouble this may have caused you. We released an update to address the issue with light maps in Unity, but we need more information to investigate further. Could you please provide us with your Unity version and the steps you took when using the Scene Optimizer, as well as any error messages you encountered? This will help us resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi,

I am using Unity 2021.3.11 with URP 12.1.7, and I follow the quick start guide that is parenting all scene objects (checked as static as well) into an empty game object and then click the optimize scene. And then switch on all optimized objects with the Scene Data script, and start baking. In the meantime, no error message is shown in progress.

I just find out a quick solution using Unwrapping.GenerateSecondaryUVSet to regenerate all UV again. I think that can be included in the optimizing progress?

Hi @Billy Yeung,

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing your experience with Scene Optimizer! We're thrilled to hear that you're trying out the quick start guide and optimizing your scenes for better performance.

While we're sorry to hear that you had an issue with the optimized objects, it's great that you found a quick solution using the Unwrapping.GenerateSecondaryUVSet function. We love hearing from our users and learning about the different ways they're using our products!

Your suggestion about including this function in the optimization process is fantastic, and we'll definitely pass it on to our development team for future updates.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help and want to make sure you have the best experience possible with our products. Thanks again for being part of the Canopy community!