Modifiers like Gazebo Mute won't fade in / out

Ormy

Hey!

After updating the asset, our modifiers won't fade the settings. For example gazebo mute will change the volume instantly. Any idea what could cause this? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, we are still investigating the issue. 
Pretty sure we have figured it out, but we are testing it. 

Ok I have tested this multiple times in different projects. 
My demo scene is working correctly in the new update. 
I would imagine that something has messed with the modifiers in some form. 
I would suggest reimporting ambient sounds if you still have this issue. 

Hey! I tried reimporting the asset and it still cuts the audio. This happens in the demo scene too. I try the asset in a new project and see if it's just our project where it happens and reports back.

In Unity 2021.3.18f1 even in the demo scene gazebomute doesn't blend the volume. We also tried in an empty project and it happens there too. Could it be this Unity version?

No, the mute works but instead of lerping it smoothly from 100 to 20, it changes it right away. I'm using event trigger for this, like in the demo scene. Audio areas work as intended tho.

Sorry, I might have worded that badly 😄 The demos Gazebomute doesn't work either, even in a new, empty project. So it must be this Unity version since it was working before we updated engine to 2021 LTS and all assets.

I have tested it in 2021.3.16 and in 2021.3.18 and it works as intended in both versions. 
I would say that you have something overwriting it. 
However, you said that you have done it in a new project not sure what could be happening to your version. 

Again just to clarify. 
When you step into the GazeboMute. 
The volume of the song is reduced quite a bit. 
However, it's not fully muted. 

Expected behavior when stepping into the mute is smooth transition from max volume to the muted volume, similar to the audio areas with offset.
Current behavior when stepping into the mute is very harsh and it instantly changes the volume.

We have not done any changes to the asset and it was working before we updated the engine and the asset. We tested it on two different systems in an empty project and it behaved the same.

I switched to audio area now as a workaround and it seems to work 🙂Weird issues seem to be our curse lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...