Terrain is not rendering on android with openGl

Draas

Hi everyone. I am stuck with a problem.

I am trying to create terrain for android game using Gaia. Everything works fine on phones with vulkan. However, when I try it on my or my wife's phones, which are on openGl, terrain does not render in the scene. I dont think it is an intended behaviour. How can I fix it?

Hi @Draas,

are you using any custom shader for the terrains? If not, the terrains still use the default unity terrain shader (Gaia uses the default unity terrain object) for that pipeline and should normally display in Open GL as well. If the terrain is loaded in a dynamic fashion, e.g. from addressables or an asset bundle, it might be that the terrain shader was not included in the build. In this case you would need to include the shader in the Graphics Settings under the "Always Included Shaders" list, or record a shader variant collection.
You could additionally / alternatively also try to make a new empty scene with a terrain in it without using Gaia for the terrain creation (Just add a terrain from the scene hierarchy create menu) and add a few mountains with the vanilla terrain inspector editing tools. 
If this terrain does also not show up, it must be some project-wide configuration issue. If it does show up, it would be interesting to add that simple terrain in the scene with the Gaia terrain to see if it renders there, and then draw a comparison between the Gaia terrain and the manually made one to see if you can find a difference.