Purchased the Professional subscription but can't import Gaia into my project

Cergat

Hi, first time writing here so apologies if this is not the right place. I searched for the right forum but there were 131 pages to search through, so I gave up. 

I purchased the Professional subscription and downloaded Gaia Pro 2021 v335 on my hard drive. Then I tried to follow the tutorial instructions and import it from Assets > Import Package > Custom Package. However when I go to the file, the Open button is not clickable. If I simply drag and drop it into the project I cannot see it in Window > Package Manager > My Assets. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? 

Hi @Cergat, do you try to import the .zip file, or the .unitypackage within the .zip file? You would need to unpack the .unitypackage within the .zip file, then try to import that into unity.

Hi Peter. I actually unzipped the Unity Package, which means that now it's just a regular folder on my drive and cannot be imported into Unity. The zip file itself, of course, could not be imported either. I wrote on discord and someone there suggested to simply rename the .zip extension to .unitypackage, which I did. And that made the "Open" button clickable now. However, it shows a progress bar (which sort of flickers on screen and is not stable), after which nothing happens. When I go to My Assets, I still can't find the Gaia package.

OK, I solved it, finally. The problem was caused by manually renaming the .zip extension to .unitypackage in my system. I used an online service to convert it and I could import it without issues. 

• Tell a friend

Love Canopy - Procedural Worlds? Tell a friend!
  • Need help?

We work with some of the biggest brands in global gaming, automotive, technology, and government to create environments, games, simulations, and product launches for desktop, mobile, and VR.

Our unique expertise and technology enable us to deliver solutions that look and run better at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical project.

Check out some of our non-NDA work in the Gallery, and then Contact Us to accelerate your next project!