Quest 2 build and run

DekelElz

Hello,

I have bought the gaia pro 2021 and look at all videos and etc.. also tried to figure the problem by myself but i stuck.

I have choose the mobile and vr template for the landscape, have baked lights and etc before build it to my quest 2, but -
In editor playing mode its all looks very good (yea i know its because its running from my pc resource) and in my quest after build and changing texture compression to ASTC its all looks very very bad and laggy in my quest.

i have changed all the assets to static also and changed gaia light to baked instead of realtime, changed shadow to soft, disable weather simulation, and also tried to shutdown post process. - I am using URP.

there is 2 videos , one playing from editor and one after build to headset:
bad one:

good one:

I know its very hard process to make it look and work great in quest 2 (drew cells and etc) but i little bit new to unity and tried to figure this by my own but its too hard because  there is no such info about what to do in build for quest with gaia..

Will be glad to receive any tips/guides for quest 2  to make it all looks better and more realistic without making it laggy 🙂

Edited by DekelElz

• DekelElz changed the title to Quest 2 build and run

Hi @DekelElz,

Looking good.

What are the APK sizes that you are getting with those.

The minimum sizes that I got up to now are in excess of 300Mb what is way to big.

Cheers!

Richard

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Scott said:

Hey @DekelElz I'm also trying to figure out how to get a quest 2 build to work with gaia. Have you figured it out?

Are you using the GaiaXR package? 

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, Bryan said:

Are you using the GaiaXR package? 

Hey Bryan,

Having same problem with Gaia 2023. Whats GaiaXR and how do I get hold of it?

thanks

On 1/27/2024 at 7:14 AM, Andy3D said:

Hey Bryan,

Having same problem with Gaia 2023. Whats GaiaXR and how do I get hold of it?

thanks

Gaia Pro 2023 now uses Unity's stuff. 
The GaiaXR is just the sample package that included in the Unity Package manager. 
You will just need to download that.