Unity StarterAssets (FPController/TPController)

luckie12

Hey guys,

i tried to swap out the GAIA player for the Unity StarterAssets FirstPersconController. Is there a showcase somewhere on how to do this? I cant seem to get it right whenever i put the Player Controller on Custom in the CREATE RUNTIME tab of the GAIA pro manager... I put the PlayerCapsule in the Custom Player tab and the MainCamera that comes with it into the Custom Camera tab, but the player doesnt get created when i click Update Runtime... Anything on this?

spacer.png

Thanks!

- Luckie

If you change the Player Controller to first person, then its the standard assets first person. 
You can swap that model out without having to go the custom player route. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:40 PM, Bryan said:

If you change the Player Controller to first person, then its the standard assets first person. 
You can swap that model out without having to go the custom player route. 

It looks like its the old standard assets first person, you HAD the STANDARD ASSETS but now you have STARTER ASSETS (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/starter-assets-first-person-character-controller-196525)

main issue with the standard assets first person is that when you press jump twice in a row it jumps twice after it landed. Also that the cursor is glitching out (for me atleast). Thats why i asked, maybe its an update worthy, who knows P