Stamp dosen't create grass texture

EpicVr
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello,

I have a problem with generating textures after using Stamp. Sometimes it works but most of the time this is the result:

image.thumb.png.c508284242325e689e39242c901f3e2e.png

When I open a project without Procedural Worlds package and install it first terrain I make with Gaia usually works fine but when I make a new scene witch new terrain problem with grass texture appears. When I delete Procedural Worlds package and reinstall it in the same project the same problems appear.

This is an error message showing up in console:

,,Exepctions while spawning: The type initializer for 'Gaia.NoiseLib' threw an exception. Stack Trace:   at Gaia.NoiseUtils.GetDefaultBlitMaterial (Gaia.NoiseSettings noise) [0x00000] in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\API\NoiseUtils.cs:77 
  at Gaia.ImageMask.Apply (UnityEngine.RenderTexture inputTexture, UnityEngine.RenderTexture outputTexture) [0x00794] in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\MaskSystem\ImageMask.cs:571 
  at Gaia.ImageProcessing.ApplyMaskStack (UnityEngine.RenderTexture inputTexture, UnityEngine.RenderTexture outputTexture, Gaia.ImageMask[] maskStack, Gaia.ImageMaskInfluence influence) [0x0004a] in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\MaskSystem\ImageProcessing.cs:42 
  at Gaia.Spawner.ApplyBrush (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation operation, Gaia.MultiTerrainOperationType opType, System.Int32 spawnRuleID) [0x00337] in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\SpawningSystem\Spawner.cs:1755 
  at Gaia.Spawner.SimulateRule (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation operation, System.Int32 spawnRuleID) [0x000ad] in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\SpawningSystem\Spawner.cs:3169 
  at Gaia.Spawner.ExecuteSpawn (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation operation, Gaia.BakedMaskCache collisionMaskCache, System.Int32 totalSpawns, System.Int32& totalSpawsCompleted, System.Boolean allowStatic) [0x00184] in C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\SpawningSystem\Spawner.cs:2711 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Gaia.Spawner:ExecuteSpawn (Gaia.GaiaMultiTerrainOperation,Gaia.BakedMaskCache,int,int&,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2914)
Gaia.Spawner/<AreaSpawn>d__217:MoveNext () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:2344)
Gaia.Spawner:EditorUpdate () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/SpawningSystem/Spawner.cs:1009)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions (),,

When I'm trying to change mask settings for grass Unity constantly crashes and doesn't respond. I tried the newest version of Gaia 2021 pro 3.3.5 and problems still remain.

Another question is: is there any way to delete every file from procedural worlds package? And is there a way to check it?

image.png

You could potentially preform Gaia Maintenance. 
In the Gaia Manager - Setup - Preform Maintenance and see if that fixes the issue. 
I need to look into those errors though. 
The terrain tools / noise seems really familiar just have to look this up.  

• Solution

Hi @EpicVr, this error is a bit strange, it happens when it generates the noise patterns used in the Gaia masks for spawning etc. This code has not been changed for quite some time. 
"The type initializer for '' threw an exception" is a generic error message that may appear in a C# program when there is a problem with a certain "class" or "type" of code in the program. This problem occurs during the setup process for this class, and prevents the program from being able to create an instance of this class. The reasons for this error can vary, but it may be caused other code that the class depends on, or missing resources.

Which Unity version are you using? Is there anything special about the configuration of the project, e.g. did you move the Gaia installation folder, did you change the .NET api version, are you targeting a special platform, etc.?

Another question is: is there any way to delete every file from procedural worlds package? And is there a way to check it?

You would need to delete the "Procedural Worlds" and "Gaia User Data" folder from the project. Please note that the Gaia User Data also contains the terrains and potentially scenes you made with Gaia, screenshots, etc. Check the content before removing!