Generating a new stand-alone terrain or attaching new parts to an existing terrain.

LanGamArt
Go to solution Solved by LanGamArt,

Welcome everyone. My question would be the following: if I want to add additional parts to my already existing terrain, can the terrain generator detect this? Is there a way to even place another terrain next to the existing terrain, which is separate and not organically connected to the original terrain, and the generator can handle this as well? Thank you very much for the answers! And I wish everyone a Merry Christmas. !

Hi @LanGamArt, yes this is possible, you can either add a new terrain freely from the scene hierarchy "Create" menu, or use the unity terrain neighbor system to add additional terrains. You should be able to use the Gaia tools the same way as if you would have created those terrains originally at scene start with the Gaia Manager.
It is also possible to bring up the Gaia Manager again and go into the Create World tab. If there is already terrains in your scene, it is possible to change the existing setup from there and add or remove terrains to it. 

• Like 1