Static Batching and Floating Point Fix Script

turbosympatique
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi,

I'm developing a driving game that spans multiple terrains and contains thousands of static buildings, road signs, traffic lights and miles of road meshes all marked static. Because my world is so large it requires the floating point fix script to minimize weird physics behavior and others unwanted things.

My problem is that if I enable static batching the static objects get combined in a new mesh at runtime which doesn't seem to get added to the list of floating point members and so don't get shifted to the correct location when the game starts. I can look around the scene in play mode and find all my static objects ten thousand units away from where they're supposed to be. The easy fix is to forgo the floating point fix but then I get ugly flickering in my trees and other little annoyances.

Is there a way I can have the floating point fix AND static batching work nicely together? 

• Solution

No not really, static is static and you cant move it. 

There are means to reduce draw calls and optimize though: 
Combine meshes that share materials - I would take a look at scene optimizer.