Black Artifacts on Terrain when GTS is applied and the scene is saved.

ChuckTerzian

Hello, I am using GTS with 16 terrain tiles in Unity 2022.1.22f1 and I get these black artifacts on some terrains after I save the scene.  The black artifacts seem to be appearing where one particular terrain texture is supposed to be.  If I Remove Profile, then the black artifacts disappear. And then when I Apply Profile again, the black artifacts remain gone while GTS is applied. But as soon as I save the scene, the black artifacts reappear on the same terrains in the same area. I tried opening only one scene with terrain with the artifacts and making a new profile for that one terrain and the black artifacts appear anytime I save the scene.  I'm not getting any console errors when this happens.  I have a screenshot but I can't post it here or link to a dropbox where it is so that makes it difficult for me to show you what the problem is directly.  If you need to see the issue I can make a video and upload it to YouTube and give you a link. Please advise on how to resolve this issue. Thank you!

Hi @ChuckTerzian,

Try deleting the folder containing the generated GTS data. This can be found by navigating to the terrain component, and finding the material template slot:

image.png.37a76937654e8ea22a4b5cd2fc51c3eb.png

Select the material, and keep the location of the material open in the project window: image.png.987315dd44a08c0d751197fb9893876b.png

Try hitting the 'Remove Profile' on the GTS Profile, then delete the data (or the folder containing the data above).

Then hit the 'Apply Profile' again. 

• Like 1