Physics spawner bug

Matmalm

Using GeNa 3.4.0 and Unity 2021.3.6

When spawning an object with the physics decorator attached, all of the objects in my scene that have a rigidbody are also affected. Their positions and rotations are changed.

I think this is very critical, as at least for me it messed up many things in my scene, and I realized too late.

How to reproduce it:

- Create an object 'a' with a rigidbody (not kinematic) and place it in the scene
- Apply a GeNa Physics decorator to another prefab object 'b'
- Add it to a GeNa spawner
- Spawn it

- Select the object 'b' where you added the rigidbody

It will have another position and rotation

2 hours ago, Matmalm said:

When spawning an object with the physics decorator attached, all of the objects in my scene that have a rigidbody are also affected. Their positions and rotations are changed.

I think this is very critical, as at least for me it messed up many things in my scene, and I realized too late.

How to reproduce it:

- Create an object 'a' with a rigidbody (not kinematic) and place it in the scene
- Spawn it

Thanks for reporting this issue. 

I'll investigate promptly.

3 hours ago, Matmalm said:

How to reproduce it:

- Spawn it

Okay, so after a thorought investigation I've found that we have designed this system to work this way intentionally whereby objects can be effected by objects that you have just spawned.

However, I can now see the use case where it would be useful to control the ability to not affect any existing rigidbodies. Unfortunately it is a big job to implement this so I'll try and see if I can put it on my development list for future updates. 

For now, as a workaround, you would have to manually set all objects you don't want effected to Kinematic (in 3D) or disable Simulation (in 2D) before spawning.

18 hours ago, Manny said:

Okay, so after a thorought investigation I've found that we have designed this system to work this way intentionally whereby objects can be effected by objects that you have just spawned.

However, I can now see the use case where it would be useful to control the ability to not affect any existing rigidbodies. Unfortunately it is a big job to implement this so I'll try and see if I can put it on my development list for future updates. 

For now, as a workaround, you would have to manually set all objects you don't want effected to Kinematic (in 3D) or disable Simulation (in 2D) before spawning.

Al right, there could be a warning about this.

In my case I have many rigidbodies (kinematic and non kinematic) which would be a little time consuming making them kinematic and then reverting them.

I would make a script, to control this, it would be a simple one to turn on and off..  This would save the time needed. 

rb.isKinematic = false;  you could set it by  tag, or name.  Have them be set based on what ever it is you want them to be and have them revert back.  Add all of the objects you want this to happen to, and tag, them or use a name. You could toss them in a list as well.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, Recon said:

I would make a script, to control this, it would be a simple one to turn on and off..  This would save the time needed. 

rb.isKinematic = false;  you could set it by  tag, or name.  Have them be set based on what ever it is you want them to be and have them revert back.  Add all of the objects you want this to happen to, and tag, them or use a name. You could toss them in a list as well.  

Thanks for that suggested fix @Recon! 🙂 

@Matmalm keep us posted on whether this workaround applies to your needs.