Questions before buying the asset

Rylern
Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Hi,

This asset seems very interesting for my project and I have some questions before I actually buy it:

• Is there an API to change the time of the day and the weather conditions with a script, at runtime?
  • Is it possible to input a location (e.g. a latitude/longitude) and a date (e.g. a day of the year) to customize the sun movement? If this is not implemented, can I integrate a custom script that implement this behavior and still be able to use the Time Of Day setting?

Thanks!

• Solution
10 hours ago, Rylern said:

Hi,

This asset seems very interesting for my project and I have some questions before I actually buy it:

• Is there an API to change the time of the day and the weather conditions with a script, at runtime?
  • Is it possible to input a location (e.g. a latitude/longitude) and a date (e.g. a day of the year) to customize the sun movement? If this is not implemented, can I integrate a custom script that implement this behavior and still be able to use the Time Of Day setting?

Thanks!

Hey,

There is API, it's still being developed to add more functions for users to control stuff.

There is no current lat/long in the system it is on out list to add, the current customization is the time 0-24 and y direction to rotate the light direction 0-360. All of this is editable in c# code. We try to make as much public for all devs to access.

• 4 months later...

I have the exact same question prior to purchase: Is there an API to change the time of the day and the weather conditions with a script, at runtime?
I wanted to check in and see if this functionality is now available or if it will be available soon?

21 hours ago, Elissa said:

I have the exact same question prior to purchase: Is there an API to change the time of the day and the weather conditions with a script, at runtime?
I wanted to check in and see if this functionality is now available or if it will be available soon?

Yes there is API to change time of day and to stop/start weather profiles