Procedural Cave Generation

ANoName

I dont know if it is already planned to come or it is included cause i couldnt find anything related to it. But a Procedural Cave Generation on top (or bottom :D) of the terrain generation would be hugeeeee. Cause terrains with mountains etc are cool and everything. BUT Procedural CAVES, HOLY. Yeah... Would really like such a feature ❤️ and just to say it u guys are crazy i dont know which path u chose in ur life to be here but i love that u are on this world and created such a cool environment with these powerful tools to be used by everyone who likes to use it. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would LOVE to have procedural caves! In one of my games I would like to include caves like the Hang Son Doong cave in Vietnam. Such large cavesystems even have their own ecosystem and weather system!

• 5 weeks later...

procedural caves can't be made, unless your using a Voxel system..   Caves are made with Meshes, closest thing to a cave, with a 2d terrain system, is Digger, which still uses meshes...  So a procedural caves system, would need to be made on its own with meshes, or VOXELS.  Digger, uses a form of VOXELS/MESHES.  .  Just saying. Since GAIA is a 2d terrain system.. Not a 3d system.  So , its actually fairly easy to build caves with a modular work flow, and just use GAIA to build the floor, and if you want you can flip the floor to make it the ceiling...  This is how most games make caves.. anyways. 

So in reality you can already build, caves and use Gena to place them.  You can make modular cave  and use Gena Splines in order to make the cave system in a procedural way.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Tell a friend

Love Canopy - Procedural Worlds? Tell a friend!
  • Need help?

We work with some of the biggest brands in global gaming, automotive, technology, and government to create environments, games, simulations, and product launches for desktop, mobile, and VR.

Our unique expertise and technology enable us to deliver solutions that look and run better at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical project.

Check out some of our non-NDA work in the Gallery, and then Contact Us to accelerate your next project!