Can't add nodes to splines during runtime

CitrioN
Go to solution Solved by CitrioN,

Hello,
I noticed that I can not add nodes to splines at runtime in version 3.4.0 (latest at the time of writing).

It does however work in version 3.3.20.

Tested in a fresh project using both versions.

In 3.4.0 I can only create splines during edit time but no longer add nodes to any splines (edit time created or runtime created).

Unity version is 2021.3.11f (most recent LTS at the time of writing)

I assume this is a bug or is there some kind of a new setting in the latest version I am not aware of?

On 10/21/2022 at 1:30 AM, CitrioN said:

Hello,
I noticed that I can not add nodes to splines at runtime in version 3.4.0 (latest at the time of writing).

It does however work in version 3.3.20.

Tested in a fresh project using both versions.

In 3.4.0 I can only create splines during edit time but no longer add nodes to any splines (edit time created or runtime created).

Unity version is 2021.3.11f (most recent LTS at the time of writing)

I assume this is a bug or is there some kind of a new setting in the latest version I am not aware of?

Hi there!

Could you show me the code you're using to generate them at runtime?

I use the normal CTRL + left click feature when a gena spline is selected. Just no longer adds them when I'm in play mode in the most recent version.
I added a short clip to the attachments showcasing how I try to modify existing nodes, add nodes to either the edit time or runtime created spline.
Like I said in my initial post it works normal in 3.3.20 but no longer in the latest 3.4.0 version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 9:02 PM, CitrioN said:

I use the normal CTRL + left click feature when a gena spline is selected. Just no longer adds them when I'm in play mode in the most recent version.
I added a short clip to the attachments showcasing how I try to modify existing nodes, add nodes to either the edit time or runtime created spline.
Like I said in my initial post it works normal in 3.3.20 but no longer in the latest 3.4.0 version.

That's super odd behaviour. 
What version of Unity are you using? 

I can tested it in 2019.4 and it worked fine. I wonder if it's an issue with newer versions.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:24 PM, Manny said:

That's super odd behaviour. 
What version of Unity are you using? 

I can tested it in 2019.4 and it worked fine. I wonder if it's an issue with newer versions.

I am using Unity 2021.3.11f which was the most recent LTS when I created the thread.