Ambient Manager and Mixer / Mixer groups

UHG
Go to solution Solved by Nathan Holt,

Can you please tell how Ambient manager can be used with mixer and mixer groups? I have not found anything in the documtentation. 

All sounds like music, ambience, UI are controlled by Mixer Parameters and I need to integrate the Ambient Manager into my existing setup.
Currently when adding my character (from asset NeoFPS) in the demo scene, some sounds start to have artifacts (noises and cracks - one has to turn them off) - especially the ambient music in the start and in the village of the demo scene.   

thank you very much

• Solution

TLDR: Create and add a prefab containing an Audio Source with an Audio Mixer Group as the Output then assign it as the Ambient Audio Sequence Output Direct Output Prefab.

In detail:

Pre-reqs:

1. Create (or have on hand) an Ambient Sound Sequence
  2. Create (or have on hand) an Audio Mixer with an Audio Mixer Group Controller
  3. Create a new prefab
    1. Add an Audio Source to it
    2. Set the Output of the Audio Source to the Audio Mixer Group Controller you want to use
    3. Set the Spatial Blend to 1
    4. Save the prefab

Steps:

1. For the Ambient Sound Sequence:
    1. Check Output Direct
    2. Add the prefab containing the Audio Source with the Audio Mixer Group assigned as Output

Here is an image to get you started:

UseMixerWithAmbientAudio.thumb.png.010d53e6be78ae5eb51ff52ec03819ea.png

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nathan Holt said:

TLDR: Create and add a prefab containing an Audio Source with an Audio Mixer Group as the Output then assign it as the Ambient Audio Sequence Output Direct Output Prefab.

In detail:

Pre-reqs:

1. Create (or have on hand) an Ambient Sound Sequence
  2. Create (or have on hand) an Audio Mixer with an Audio Mixer Group Controller
  3. Create a new prefab
    1. Add an Audio Source to it
    2. Set the Output of the Audio Source to the Audio Mixer Group Controller you want to use
    3. Set the Spatial Blend to 1
    4. Save the prefab

Steps:

1. For the Ambient Sound Sequence:
    1. Check Output Direct
    2. Add the prefab containing the Audio Source with the Audio Mixer Group assigned as Output

Here is an image to get you started:

UseMixerWithAmbientAudio.thumb.png.010d53e6be78ae5eb51ff52ec03819ea.png

Amazing! 

Nicely put! 

HI Nathan Holt, thank you very much!  I will look into this.