Issues using Terrain Decorator

TakeruGrima

Hello, I have some issue with the Terrain Decorator. I followed this tutorial : 

And it doesn't work for me. I have these issues :

• Flatening the terrain word by pressing the button "Apply to terrain" but it doesn't work when I use the gena spawner
  • When I use the spawner, it spawn the prefab I want but as said earlier the terrain is not flatten so I undo the spawning and it crash Unity everytime I do this
  • Also I have this warning "This Object is not a prefab instance ROOT and cannot be unpacked", the object is a prefab so I don't get it... 

Here is my setting for the spawner:

spacer.png

Hi there @TakeruGrima,

That warning basically means that you need to attach that script 'Prefab Unpacker Decorator' to the root of a Prefab. 
In this case, your 'DesertRockPillar1' object must not be a Prefab, therefore the system won't work as intended. 

You need to use that on a Prefab instance only or it will not work properly.

Thanks for your answer but I don't get what you mean, how can "DesertRockPillar1" not be a prefab if I need to put a prefab in the spawner prototypes

And do you know why Unity crash when I try to undo the spawning ? Because now it happens everytime not only in that case above. 

You would need to look at the crash log. 
The undo system is a part of Unity. We do not control this process. 
I recommend starting there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a look at the crash log & for me it is like it's saying "it doesn't work"

Here is the crash log :

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
      at UnityEditor.EditorApplication:ExecuteMenuItem <0x000e0>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.MenuItemEntryDiscoveryInfo:<.ctor>b__7_0 <0x0008a>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.Trigger:HandleKeyEvent <0x02040>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutController:HandleKeyEvent <0x000f2>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutIntegration:EventHandler <0x00302>
      at UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler <0x000bd>
      at System.Object:runtime_invoke_void <0x00184>

It happen only when I undo the spawning in GeNa.

In addition to that sometimes I can't use Global Spawn after I did one & manually remove what was spawned because my settings were incorrect. I tried to remove the gameObject that handle the spawn & use global spawn again and it doesn't work...

10 hours ago, TakeruGrima said:

I had a look at the crash log & for me it is like it's saying "it doesn't work"

Here is the crash log :

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
      at UnityEditor.EditorApplication:ExecuteMenuItem <0x000e0>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.MenuItemEntryDiscoveryInfo:<.ctor>b__7_0 <0x0008a>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.Trigger:HandleKeyEvent <0x02040>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutController:HandleKeyEvent <0x000f2>
      at UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutIntegration:EventHandler <0x00302>
      at UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler <0x000bd>
      at System.Object:runtime_invoke_void <0x00184>

It happen only when I undo the spawning in GeNa.

In addition to that sometimes I can't use Global Spawn after I did one & manually remove what was spawned because my settings were incorrect. I tried to remove the gameObject that handle the spawn & use global spawn again and it doesn't work...

what version of Unity are you using?

There is undo crashing bug, in Unity. mostly in 2021,2022, 2023 versions..   They claimed its fixed, but users are still having this issue with Undo causing crashing.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/2021-dot-3-editor-cashes-on-gettransformaccess-when-undoing-duplication-of-a-canvasrenderer-gameobject

On 10/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, Recon said:

what version of Unity are you using?

There is undo crashing bug, in Unity. mostly in 2021,2022, 2023 versions..   They claimed its fixed, but users are still having this issue with Undo causing crashing.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/2021-dot-3-editor-cashes-on-gettransformaccess-when-undoing-duplication-of-a-canvasrenderer-gameobject

Hello, I use 2021.3.11f1.

• 4 weeks later...