All of the LODs are being rendered at the same time

Matmalm

Using Unity 2021.3.6 and Scene Optimizer 1.0.9

After optimizing my scene, the LODs don't work, and all of the objects are being rendered at the same time.

How to reproduce this:

Select some objects with LODs for the Scene Optimizer

Click optimize scene

Select an optimized game object with LOD

Disable it

The object should still be there (rendering one of the others LODs)

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, Matmalm said:

Using Unity 2021.3.6 and Scene Optimizer 1.0.9

After optimizing my scene, the LODs don't work, and all of the objects are being rendered at the same time.

How to reproduce this:

Select some objects with LODs for the Scene Optimizer

Click optimize scene

Select an optimized game object with LOD

Disable it

The object should still be there (rendering one of the others LODs)

Hey @Matmalm,

Could you please confirm if you are running into the same issue with the latest version of Scene Optimizer?

• 6 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:24 AM, Manny said:

Hey @Matmalm,

Could you please confirm if you are running into the same issue with the latest version of Scene Optimizer?

I have this issue with the latest version

4 hours ago, Abbas Jafari said:

I have this issue with the latest version

Hi Abbas!

I'm currently in the process of investigating this issue. While that's in progress, could I please request screen shots of the issue replicated? I'm still having trouble seeing the issue first-hand. 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Hi Abbas!

I'm currently in the process of investigating this issue. While that's in progress, could I please request screen shots of the issue replicated? I'm still having trouble seeing the issue first-hand. 

This video shows the issue. It shows the scene after and before optimization. After optimizing, all LODs are visible.

Hey @Abbas Jafari,

Thank you so much for providing thorough information on this issue. I have finally been able to replicate it and I will investigate why this is happening further. Be sure to keep following this thread and I'll provide you with updates as soon as I have found a fix for you! 🙂 

Hey @Abbas Jafari,

I think I may have found the fix to the problem. It seems like there was an internal logic error buried deep within the internal scripts that may have caused the problem to occur for you. I have attempted to make a fix, could you please import this Unity Package into your project. Note: Scene Optimizer needs to be pre-installed first!

SceneOptimizer115-b1.unitypackage