Terrain Modifier Stamps without restoring backup

Migguli
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hey,

I was wondering if having multiple Terrain Modifier Stamps in different Biome Controllers is possible so that the earlier stampings would not be reverted.

When running a First Spawner, the terrain modification operation happens as expected. Later when running a Different Spawner, the first stamper modifications are reverted after the warning.

I'm fine if it means disabling the backup system, as I'm trying to have a fully procedurally created map.

Thanks!

• Solution

Hi @Migguli

the system can handle multiple heightmap modifier stamps within one biome, but it would not know on the start of the second biome that it is supposed to build upon the changes of the first biome now, instead it will try to restore the backup again.

If you can put all terrain modifier stamps into the second biome, then it should not be an issue anymore, as the heightmap restore would not happen between heightmap modifier stamps.

But depending on how your spawners are organized this might not be possible. What you could do in that case instead is to comment out the innards of the function "CheckIfHeightmapRestoreRequired"  found in line 2508 of Spawner.cs:

image.png

This  would essentially disable the backup / restore of heightmaps during spawning. You can then also disable the warning popup in the Gaia settings:

image.png

Thanks Peter! Commenting out those line works.

I suppose I could all my terrain modifications in one separate biome, and just the spawners individually when needed. Or just have one mega biome containing all of the spawners needed.