Multi Scene Optimization

Gustavo
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello, 

I need some advice regarding a multiscene level:

My game is side scroller with 9 small terrain which loads and unloads depending on the player position. This is all made with gaia.

Under each terrain there are things spowned by gaia like stone trees etc, but also some part of castle or houses.

My problem is that the amount of this I place under each terrain makes each scene load a little slow, in editor or after I build my game.

How can I divide even further my terrian so I load just what I see in game view? I SECTR usefull for that? Have any sense to use SECTR with GAIA? arent both of them doing almost the same?

Or should I make some kind of Loader using Addressable prefabs?

What would you recomend? (besides optimizing the scene and meshes)

Thank you

• Solution

You could find something that mesh combines. 
There are a ton of assets on the UAS that can do this. 
Then I would look at your vegetation (as this is typically where a lot of performance hit comes from). 
Make sure that you are instancing indirect your vegetation. 
Limit your texture resolutions (terrain textures don't need to be 2k or 4k textures).