How can I use gaia weather system in split screen game?

soomi

hi, I create a local split screen game. If I start weather( rain or snow), weather instant with main camera. How can I use the second camera with weather effect?

Thanks.

Well currently its not an out of the box system. 
Gaia doesnt support split screen game play, so in order to do this you would need to do a bit of coding. 
You would need to look at how those weather effects work and custom code it so a second one of those is added to the other camera. 

The issue being though is when you need to make it so that the weather effects from the one camera does not show up on the second camera (basically showing up twice). This should though be possible by setting up the layers correctly and disable the layers on the camera and vise versa. This way you can skip the rending on the second camera. 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:23 AM, Bryan said:

Well currently its not an out of the box system. 
Gaia doesnt support split screen game play, so in order to do this you would need to do a bit of coding. 
You would need to look at how those weather effects work and custom code it so a second one of those is added to the other camera. 

The issue being though is when you need to make it so that the weather effects from the one camera does not show up on the second camera (basically showing up twice). This should though be possible by setting up the layers correctly and disable the layers on the camera and vise versa. This way you can skip the rending on the second camera. 

Thanks!

Do you have some documents about weather system? I check the code of weather system and have some thinking. Maybe I can use arrays to solve the problem, but I wanted to look for if there is an easier way.

Thanks!