Renaming Gaia GameObjects

Xynon
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Are there any Gaia GameObjects that should not be renamed for code purposes? I thought of this because I would like to rename the Gaia Runtime to just Runtime and keep other objects within there that are relevant, but if there is a list anywhere of what I should not rename I would love to find that so I can avoid breaking things.

I don't know the answer, but I assume (hopefully correctly) that the Gaia setup sets up the layers for the gameobjects to be on and to set the references in the components as needed. If that is the case, then you can freely change the names. 

• Solution

I would not recommend to change the name of any of the Gaia objects - there are lookups for those objects in there that look for the name of the object. If you do not change anything in your scene anymore it might be fine to rename stuff, but e.g. if you keep changing the runtime setup I would expect that to break if the Gaia Runtime object is renamed.

I don't know the answer, but I assume (hopefully correctly) that the Gaia setup sets up the layers for the gameobjects to be on and to set the references in the components as needed. If that is the case, then you can freely change the names. 

Looks like I was wrong then, please disregard my message...

Edited by MiTschMR
Added quote