Roads Clipping into Terrain

OscarB

Hello,

I've been using Gaia/GeNa for a few weeks now and have started experimenting with adding some dirt tracks into my environment. (using URP)

Below is an image of what I end up with when ticking 'seperate Y scale' and 'conform to ground':

image.thumb.png.f56b935bda87b5da2731fa23b75f6004.png

Assuming that the solution is to simply add a height offset to the road profile, what should I do if this causes other parts of the road to be much too high off of the terrain to be acceptable?

Ideally I could have the baked road be as flush as possible with the terrain without any visible clipping, is this possible?

Thanks

If you do it completly flush you will get z fighting. 
In the road profile you can make edges go down a bit to slightly raise it off the ground which this will help the z fighting. 

On 3/21/2024 at 5:57 PM, Bryan said:

If you do it completly flush you will get z fighting. 
In the road profile you can make edges go down a bit to slightly raise it off the ground which this will help the z fighting. 

Thanks, my issue is that when changing the road profile and increasing the height offset, this looks good in some places, but then on other parts of the road it will be floating too high from the ground.

I was potentially hoping for a solution that wouldn't involve having to offset the road from the terrain, such as potentially rendering the road on top of the terrain (as an example).

Thanks