Tundra/Snow Biome Request?

Jorogumo4

I have an MMORPG I'm making that is based on an island that is freezing cold. The world varies between 23F and -31F. I noticed that there isn't really a tundra or snow biome in the Gaia Pro generator. It'd be really cool to see this added. I've added a few examples. Having some muddy snowy areas and as you go up you'll have the snow covered mountains and cold stone. Those deep blue mirror like rivers. 

Or even potentially a temperature generator. So you can set the temperature at different layers of heightmap. So you could just have a standard forest stamp, then as it gets colder more and more snow settles on top of those layers.

Let me know what you guys think!

00580 Dark Souls Ariandel.jpg

sat1.jpg

istockphoto-623344474-612x612.jpg

Edited by Jorogumo4
  • Like 3

On 12/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, Jorogumo4 said:

I have an MMORPG I'm making that is based on an island that is freezing cold. The world varies between 23F and -31F. I noticed that there isn't really a tundra or snow biome in the Gaia Pro generator. It'd be really cool to see this added. I've added a few examples. Having some muddy snowy areas and as you go up you'll have the snow covered mountains and cold stone. Those deep blue mirror like rivers. 

Or even potentially a temperature generator. So you can set the temperature at different layers of heightmap. So you could just have a standard forest stamp, then as it gets colder more and more snow settles on top of those layers.

Let me know what you guys think!

00580 Dark Souls Ariandel.jpg

sat1.jpg

istockphoto-623344474-612x612.jpg

Most if not all of those can be created using a forest, and adding a path. from Gena.   As far as Trees, you can remove leaves from most and use Gena to scatter them to make a nice ground texture.    

Just making suggestions on what can be done . with current resources.  ( this is also great for an MMORPG, to reuse materials for performance reasons, so its something you want to do.. for sure. Is to reuse, mat, objects, from other biomes, types, weather and more.

As FAR as the temp mechanic, it would be neat sure, but if your using Gaia, weather, enviro, or anything like it, you can set it in GAIA, or use Gena deco, to swap out materials based on a set temp.  Have it swap height maps or just textures.  so say you want to have the temp change to -30, and have it snow more, then a snow shader would need to be made for this part, and the ability to add on objects like rocks and such.    I know they are making a new Terrian shader, so This is something for sure for them to think about, I bet they add some of this, since its what alot of users use and want.. 

But by changing the value in the shader can change it based on temp changes.  Same with rain/wetness. 

Edited by Recon

• 4 months later...

I so totally agree! With the loss of CTS, can anyone tell me how to make snow on moutians and moutian paths?

@William Mayfield Does the snow need to be dynamic? (Dynamically appearing and then "melting" or disappearing again?) If not, then you could just set up a snow terrain texture in the spawner and spawn them in higher areas of the map, the alpine meadow biome has such a snow spawner prepared for this purpose, you would just need to activate the spawn rule for it:

image.png

If it needs to be dynamic, you need an alternative terrain shader that has a snow texture / dynamic cover texture feature. Our replacement for CTS will have this as well, but it is not ready yet at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...