Overexposure of rain/light, when thunder light strikes in -> Only when using spot lights in scene

DenderSetters
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi,

I'm using GaiaPro 2021 for a few years and so far everything was smoothly. However, I'm running into an issue at the moment.

I haven't used rain and thunder before, but now I do and the issue I'm having with it, is that when I use some spot lights in my scene and the thunder (light) strikes in, then the rain/light got overexposed. Is this a know issue?

What I tried to resolve this:
- Searched for this issue on Canopy forum, can't find any other message on this;
- Looked in the Gaia Pro user manual, can't find information on this. And the Canopy written article on the weather system is (still) empty;
- Played with every possible spotlight setting;
- Played with every possible rain/thunder settings;
- Changed/disabled all possible interfering layers. In the end I used one layer mask on the spotlight - set to one specific layer - and the gameobject I want to enlighten has the same specific layer. So interfering should not be possible.

The only workaround I found so far is to disable the spotlights in my scene.. But of course that can't be the solution.

• Solution

Can you take a look at this and see if it applies to you as I feel like it would: