Object overlap flickering/ghosting with the Gaia Water shader

Ajacksonthebox
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi Gaia Support,

I apologies if this has already been addressed or I have failed to configure correctly but I’m experiencing flickering/ghosting around the edges (when the camera moves) of objects when that overlap with the Gaia Water shader. I upgraded from Unity 2022.3.17 to the latest version with not resolve. I'm using Gaia 2023 - Terrain & Scene Generator. I can provide a video showing the issue for better clarity?

Could you guide me on what might be causing this? Thanks for your assistance.

image.png.8e55ae91b68c6b578b02fe4fc381da7e.png

I was having similar problems with the latest version of unity as well. I downgraded to the 2022 LTS version of unity.

Hi Bryan, thanks for getting back to me. No, I'm on windows 11 which is running on a 12th gen intel cpu and a Nvidia 3080rtx. 

10 hours ago, Ajacksonthebox said:

Hi Bryan, thanks for getting back to me. No, I'm on windows 11 which is running on a 12th gen intel cpu and a Nvidia 3080rtx. 

Is there any way you can record this and put it on youtube or send me the video file? 
If you put it on youtube can you delist it / make it private and send me the link?

Sorry, it was set to private. It's now set as unlisted.

• Solution

Hi @Ajacksonthebox, I tried to reproduce the issue, but so far I have not been successful - this seems not to show for me with Gaia Pro 2023 4.0.8 and Unity 2022.3.21. From your video it looks like you are running HDRP, that is what I took as well:

https://i.gyazo.com/7d1120e3b69698cb5c5deb7a4ba39eb1.mp4

From the video this looks like something coming out of the area of render pipeline settings / graphics settings / graphics API. Some things that you could try to narrow this down:

• Does this also happen with the Unity HDRP water? (assuming you are running HDRP)
  • Does this also happen in a neutral, new project with only Gaia inside? (If yes, you know it is not specific to that project alone, if no you could compare rendering settings etc. between the two projects).
  • Does this still happen when you switch out the render pipeline asset to a different one? (E.g. ones that come with Gaia or one created from scratch)
  • Do you see any red error messages in the inspector when selecting the Gaia water shader under
    Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Shaders\PW General\PW_Water_RP.shadergraph
    (yellow warnings are common and can be ignored)

Hi Peter, thank you for your response. I decided to test Gaia in a fresh project and it worked without the ghosting. Consequently, I transferred my game into a new project, which successfully resolved the issue. I appreciate your support.