Optimised objects losing Colliders

mroshaw
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello again!

Within my scene, I had a pile of rocks at kind of covering up the source of a river. This is a number of PW_Stone prefab instances, grouped under a parent Game Object.

When I optimise this parent, everything renders great, but now my player can just pass through the rocks. I can see that there are no Colliders on the "Optimized" Game Objects, which I guess pretty clearly explains why.

Is this expected? Is this a limitation of Mesh Colliders, or something I've done wrong in running the Scene Optimizer?

Many thanks again for your help!

Oli

Sorry, I've totally misrepresented the situation in the title! Apologies.

The Mesh Colliders are there, in child objects of the optimized objects. It's just that my player seems to be able to walk through them. The Game Objects with the colliders are in the correct layer (PW_Medium_Object), and if I "undo" the optimisation and go back to the original Game Objects, I'm not able to walk through them.

I should have used the title: "Player able to walk through objects after optimization".

Can you update the title, or should I create a new ticket?

I've re-done the optimization, and I see a couple of warnings in the Console that might be relevant:

Combine mesh instance 0 is null.
UnityEngine.Mesh:CombineMeshes (UnityEngine.CombineInstance[])
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCommand:HMPCMMOIBNC (ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.Tools,UnityEngine.Transform,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.Collider>)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCommand:NAHLCMDEADF (string,ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCall,UnityEngine.Bounds,UnityEngine.Material,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.MeshCombination>,int,UnityEngine.Transform,single&)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCommand:FGGOOPHIEAL (int,ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCall,UnityEngine.Material,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.MeshCombination>,UnityEngine.Transform,single&)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCommand:ProcessOptimization (ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerInternal,ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCall)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.Tools:ProcessSceneOptimization (ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerInternal,ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCall,bool)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerInternal:ProcessSceneOptimization (ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCall,bool)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizer:ProcessSceneOptimization (ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.OptimizeCall,bool,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Scene Optimizer/Scripts/Runtime/SceneOptimizer.cs:51)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerEditor:PerformSceneOptimization (bool,bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Scene Optimizer/Scripts/Editor/Tools/SceneOptimizerEditor.cs:192)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerEditor:SceneOptimizationPanel (bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Scene Optimizer/Scripts/Editor/Tools/SceneOptimizerEditor.cs:579)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent,string,System.Action`1<bool>,UnityEngine.GUIStyle,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent,string,System.Action`1<bool>,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (string,System.Action`1<bool>,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerEditor:OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Scene Optimizer/Scripts/Editor/Tools/SceneOptimizerEditor.cs:126)
ProceduralWorlds.SceneOptimizer.SceneOptimizerEditorWindow:OnGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Scene Optimizer/Scripts/Editor/Windows/SceneOptimizerEditorWindow.cs:148)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

• Solution

You will want to disable Merge Colliders in the Objects that they are being placed under. 
For example your screen shot shows Medium objects. 
Go to the Scene Optimizer Main window - Optimization settings - Medium Objects - General Settings 
Then disable merge colliders, you can enable add colliders if you needed to: 
image.png

• Bryan locked this topic