How can I spawn a game object near another game object?

DMVguy80

Hello,

Thanks for reading my post. I was wondering if someone could help me with a vexing problem. I am trying to spawn different game objects near each other. Specifically, I want to spawn some dead log prefabs and then spawn some mushroom prefabs near the dead logs. I have no issues spawning the dead logs, that's easy. But once spawned, there doesn't seem to be any combination of collision masks, layer tagging, tagging, anything could enable me to isolate them to spawn the mushrooms around them. I am certain that it can be done with Gaia, but for now it eludes me. So, I'd appreciate any help. Oh, I'm using Gaia Pro 2021 and Unity 2022.1 beta.

Thanks

7 hours ago, DMVguy80 said:

Oh, I'm using Gaia Pro 2021 and Unity 2022.1 beta.

Please note that we dont support Beta versions of Unity. 

Also you would want to add the collision mask should do it, could be acting funny as we dont support that version of unity and something might be broke in that version.