Gaia and Synty assets

OliverMUK

Hi all.

A quick "Is this for me?" question.

I have Synty SciFi Worlds Pack and want to create different outside biomes (green space area, a sand orientated one, etc but with a sci theme and using sci assets). I'm looking at Gaia Terrain and Scene Generator (non pro) to help me quickly generate the biomes, so that I can then add specifics to it.

I suppose the first question is, will this work for me? Can Gaia do low poly (I know that some generators don't)? Can I easily edit the resulting biomes to add specific details (game related areas, spawn points, extra roads etc)?

Is there even a Synty SciFi Worlds creation pack thingy for Gaia yet?

I've tried the Unity Terrain editor but want something that does Low Poly and has a few more features and....ease of use. 

Any comments welcome. 

Olly

On 9/4/2022 at 8:26 AM, OliverMUK said:

Can Gaia do low poly

Yes Gaia can do low poly. 
You can use Low Poly Textures (like our low poly preset biome) and use all your own low poly assets to make a low poly custom biome. 

However, if you wanted to convert your terrain into low poly, than you would want to use Gaia Pro 2021. 
This is only available in that version of Gaia. 

Can I easily edit the resulting biomes to add specific details (game related areas, spawn points, extra roads etc)?

Yes you can create your own custom low poly biome. 
I just recommend taking a look at the preset low poly biome and look at how we set ours up. 

Is there even a Synty SciFi Worlds creation pack thingy for Gaia yet?

No but you are more than welcome to add it to the suggestion box, and we might make a spawner pack for it.