Incorrect generation of Terrain Designer

KellerKey

hi, can you tell me why world designer creates notches on my landscape? how can I fix it?

image.thumb.png.9367477257165ce668a364debc44d5fc.png

Hi @KellerKey,

this usually happens when the import settings for the stamp textures in Gaia are set to the wrong format - can you please check in the stamps folder if there seems to be an override for the texture format active depending on your target platform?

image.png

It is important that the textures still have 16 bit color depth after the import, if they have less this is what is causing those steps in the world designer. 

On 3/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, Peter said:

Hi @KellerKey,

this usually happens when the import settings for the stamp textures in Gaia are set to the wrong format - can you please check in the stamps folder if there seems to be an override for the texture format active depending on your target platform?

image.png

It is important that the textures still have 16 bit color depth after the import, if they have less this is what is causing those steps in the world designer. 

HTML5 Target Platform
I have disabled stamp overrides.

I tried to redefine, the results are very similar.

image.png.afe7bf21a71f07c49fe56d506000f797.pngimage.png.6c048a898cabf479136f4677559bd845.png

Hi @KellerKey,

I set up a HTML5 project to check the texture formats, the following settings seem to work for me:

image.png

Override for Web enabled on the HTML5 platform tab, then Format: "RGBA Half". When you apply that and force an update in the world designer, (change the data so that it is forced to recreate the preview), then it should not show this issue anymore.

If you want to apply those settings to all stamp textures in one go, select the stamp folder, then filter the object type by texture and tell the search it should display all objects found in "Stamps":
image.png

This will give you a selection of all stamp textures so you can select them all and apply the override in one go.