External Time of Day

Crowsinger

Hello. My game is built around Atavism, and it keeps track of time of day for all players. Enviro gets its time of day from Atavism through WAPI. Is there a convenient way to feed time of day into Ambient Sounds from an external asset like this, or would this need to be coded?

Thank you

It could be possible to tie this into Ambient Sounds events and modifiers. 
Although I am not 100 percent sure as its been a long time since I have used Enviro. 
I would look at the events documentation though. I know you can tie into some things light custom scripts when you are fighting an enemy. So I dont see why you couldnt tie into the TOD. 

Thank you. The connection is working now, but I'm having trouble understanding how to make changes to the required values and have them stick.

I began by copying the example in the demo. It worked in my zone, and by changing the time of day in Atavism, I could move the vertical line to different places. This is about 15:00, so obviously I needed to have daytime sounds in the middle of the graph.

wEf0sAL.jpg

Then I started deleting and replacing sequences until I had something simple that I wanted to try:

gU3UmrS.jpg

But when I pressed play to test this, I was hearing crickets during the day. I looked at the same graph and saw this:

N3ORsEp.jpg

So it kept one of my changes (adding the Evening sequences), but none of the others. Am I editing this window wrong?

Thank you

I fixed the problem by deleting the entire demo folder. It was loading sequences from there, though I can't imagine why it would do that after I deleted them over and over, but that's what it was doing. After I deleted the demo folders, all that remained were the sequences I added

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 11:57 PM, Bryan said:

Interesting, dont know if maybe you were using the demo sequences? 
That may have done it, but I will note that for future development. 

I did begin by looking at the demo sequences to figure out how they worked before working on sounds in my own scene. It's possible I got something in there confused while learning.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am in the same boat as Crowsinger. Im using Enviro 3 with Ambient Sounds and am trying to figure out how to connect Enviros time of day with Ambient sounds but unlike Crowsinger I cant figure out how to connect with it. Is he using something on Enviros event API to connect with ambient sounds? I can setup a time of day event with values in the manager but how does that connect to Enviros cycle?

• 4 weeks later...

I am honestly not sure as I have not used Enviro. 
We do have a Sequence system that you could call on in order to see a connection between the two. 
They would have requirements that you could put in place potentially.