Terrain Decorators Not Automatically Flattening in Prefab Spawners

NoobsGaming
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hi there, 

I'm super new with GeNa. I tried to set up a terrain decorator to automatically flatten the ground under prefab buildings I'm trying to place. I set it up the way they said to in the tutorial.. he said to attach the decorator to an empty object within the prefab, and make sure it's at the top of the hierarchy in said prefab, which I did. It's just not applying when I place the prefab. 

... I know I have the level set properly. When I place the prefab by hand (i.e. not using a GeNa spawner) and then go to the flattener in the prefab and click "Apply to Terrain" It flattens the ground as intended, and is at the correct height, radius etc. It just wont automatically do it as part of placing the house using the GeNa Spawner which is the ultimate intent. 

14 minutes ago, Manny said:

With the 'Farm_House_Large' GameObject, do you have a PrefabUnpackerDecorator attached to it?

I do not @Manny. Is that the issue? have to have an unpacker on prefabs, and then other decorators will work? 

• Solution

Okay I see the problem. Basically the issue is that if you have a Prefab and it has some decorators that need to be processed by a Spawner, you need to Unpack that Prefab so the contents can be read and viewed by the Spawner. 

To do this, go and add a 'PrefabUnpackerDecorator' on the root GameObject of that Prefab, save it and then either click 'Refresh Ingestion' or remove the Prototype from the Spawner and add it again. 

Once you've done this, can you take another screen shot of the Spawn Prototype unfolded? 🙂

• Thanks 1