Unable to record with Unity recorder

lonewolf-cat
Go to solution Solved by lonewolf-cat,

I am creating a map with HDRP.

However, as I proceeded to create the map, before I knew it I was no longer able to take pictures with Unity's recorder.

In that case, when I restart the project, a safe mode dialog window appears.

I don't know the exact timing when the problem will appear, but it seems to happen when I introduce various assets or create a new scene after creating the terrain.

I also tried the method of moving the created map to another project that I was taught previously, but the script in Gaia's terrain component was missing and I was unable to successfully reproduce the previously created map.

Is Gaia not compatible with some assets?

Also, could you please let me know if there is a way to improve this situation? I would especially appreciate it if I could record with Unity's recorder.

Hi @lonewolf-cat

when the safe mode dialog appears, it means that you have compilation errors in your project. This can affect additional assets and packages not working correctly anymore, depending on what the error is. 
Could you please post the complete error message so we can have a look?

Gaia works together with the Unity recorder, we use it ourselves in the videos we record for the asset store.
Generally speaking, if the unity recorder was working with Gaia in the project before, and then you add additional assets in and / or make some changes to the project,and  then it starts breaking, you would need to focus on "what has changed" instead of Gaia to solve the issue. 

• Solution

This is the error message when entering safe mode.

Assets\Flooded_Grounds\PostProcessing\Editor\PropertyDrawers\MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: 'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'

Based on this information, I was able to find a solution on the following page.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/post-processing-stack-error.554926/

After modifying MinDrawer.cs, it became possible to shoot with Unity's recorder without the safe mode dialog window appearing at startup.

I solved the problem myself, but thanks to Peter for his quick response.
I'm excited because I was able to solve a problem that has been bothering me lately.

• Like 1

Glad you found the cause of the issue and thanks for posting the solution!

• Like 1