LOD / Imposter placeholder when Chunk Not Loaded

Five
Go to solution Solved by Five,

Hi there, apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

I'm using SECTR to streaming Gaia Pro chunks and I'm looking to see if there is an existing way to have a terrain LOD / mesh / imposter that exists in the distance where a chunk should be, and is then disabled when the chunk is loaded.

I'm not 100% sure what you'd actually call this (hence my bad search results I suspect).

Does Gaia Pro or SECTR support this?

Ah just reading about this in gaia pro. Looks like I've made a big boo boo and used SECTR instead!

Self reference: 

• Solution

For anyone else looking for this answer, here you go!

This is called a Proxy Mesh and I'd suggest using Gaia Pro to export Mesh terrains to use. It'll take some manual setup (if there's an automated way then I'm sure I'll find it after doing it by hand lol!)

uWTKN32.png