Mesh grass prefab on whole terrain / textured grass spawns per click

Marekie

Hi there! I have two questions coming from one, Grass!

Tried adding grass meshed prefabs via Gena Pro on my 2x2km terrain but failed miserably and my pc is unable to handle it. Is that normal? I see Unreal games (optimised of course) that have loads and loads more. Am i doing something wrong?

Then yesterday used texture grass and it went better. But seem to be unable to spawn only a few per ctrl+click. What setting makes hundreds of grass textures per click possible? Ingame grass placement makes no sweat in placing so much grass.

Unity 2022.3.20f1

When it comes to grass its better to spawn them as a terrain detail. 
Then use Unity instance indirect system for it. 

Otherwise, you will need to do massive optimizations in general. 
Something like nature render or Gpu instancer to help with this and get the performance you need to fix it.