Controlling Spawn with Mask or Texture with GeNa

Berir

I tried recreating examples from documentation, as well as tried a few things I found online... but nothing works for me

GeNa always disregards my input and spawns the objects wherever or nowhere! but never in the area where I want it to be spawn!

So I will share my frustration with you and try to explain what I am doing so please tell me where am I going wrong !

image.thumb.png.45f3e456c75b1c682025921168de2109.png

I need to say I also use Runtime API from a runtime tutorial on here to spawn the trees and flowers

image.thumb.png.8716f811b14a5513640318957e976a2d.png

I Have similar setting for trees and flowers but below is the tree setting

image.thumb.png.1826cd683c2d70bc57e1e91ddab9d636.png

Can someone please help me understand why is GeNa spawning onto black area of the mask, is there some kind of fall - off around the brash placed on the white part of the mask crossing into black area?  coult there be the issue if the brush setting 10 meters is bigger than the actual white area of the mask ? I mean how does GeNa handle that ? does the tree falloff into black mask get spawned or is ignored ? any suggestion and input will help ... I am extremely frustrated and will be grateful for literally any suggestion ... I am out of ideas

thank you in advance

It also got me thinking maybe I am spawning too many trees and they do not fit into the masked area, so I tried with a 3-meter range brush that spawns only one tree, with a set throw distance of 3 meters so no tree is too close, to avoid levitating trees  ...

But that did not work either, trees were still spawned on the wrong area of the mask 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please if you can give me a solution ... I am spawning in runtime using exactly the same script as in your runtime tutorial video ...  If I run spawn amount only once , everything is good and it seems Gena does respect bounds set in spawn criteria

image.png.41411a11489d6b364a87c8cc7e4ee904.png

but if I were to increase the spawn amount even to 2 , it seems that 2nd run does not respect bounds extend anymore , trees are placed very close to the ones placed in the first run and even on the top of other trees from the previous spawn...

can you recommend any solution?

thank you

So two things with this you need to increase the bounds extents and you need to modify the prefab to set it on one of the Gaia layers or create your own layer for it. 
Then change the layers in the spawner to match that for the collision.