Creating Multiple Terrains in one scene

Bahaa

Hi all, I'm currently using GAIA 2021 Pro, and the title is as self-explanatory as it gets. I have two questions combined though:

1. Can I create/spawn multiple terrains in GAIA 2021 Pro in the same Unity Project/Scene? If so, what steps should I take?

2. Can I use SECTR Complete 2019 to split a game scene without having any sort of terrain? (If yes, that'll give me a ton of extra freedom in my level design). If so, how?

Thanks in Advance (would appreciate an official response from a developer or an experienced user 🙂)

• 3 weeks later...

I believe we already talked about this, but just in case are you still needing help with this? 

On 3/12/2024 at 1:48 AM, Bryan said:

I believe we already talked about this, but just in case are you still needing help with this? 

I'm interested in both questions 🙂 Is there another post or documentation about that? 

Question 1: 
Yes it can, when you use the Gaia manager you can create a multi-terrain setup. In the world size, you would set this to custom. Then you would have the option of creating terrain scenes and unload terrain scenes. 
This is the multiple terrain scenes in a single scene to work on all terrains. The terrain loader/manager will handle the load and unload of it while you are working on it. 

Question 2: 
Yes, you can create your own sectors and portals. 
This is typically done for interior-level design. 
There is also a demo scene showing this both for the interior and exterior and one with both. 

@mleone20

11 hours ago, mleone20 said:

I'm interested in both questions 🙂 Is there another post or documentation about that? 

^

14 hours ago, Bryan said:

Question 1: 
Yes it can, when you use the Gaia manager you can create a multi-terrain setup. In the world size, you would set this to custom. Then you would have the option of creating terrain scenes and unload terrain scenes. 
This is the multiple terrain scenes in a single scene to work on all terrains. The terrain loader/manager will handle the load and unload of it while you are working on it. 

Question 2: 
Yes, you can create your own sectors and portals. 
This is typically done for interior-level design. 
There is also a demo scene showing this both for the interior and exterior and one with both. 

@mleone20

Thanks!
Regarding the first question, is it possible to add more terrain after an initial world setup?
I've already create my map and i'd like to expand it with more biome on neighbor terrains without losing the current world.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:25 AM, mleone20 said:

Thanks!
Regarding the first question, is it possible to add more terrain after an initial world setup?
I've already create my map and i'd like to expand it with more biome on neighbor terrains without losing the current world.

@Bryan any feedback about this?

On 3/14/2024 at 4:25 AM, mleone20 said:

Thanks!

Sorry did not see this. 

It is possible but kind of a pain. 
You would need to use the Scanner tool and create stamps out of your terrain. 
Then create a new multi-terrain setup and then apply the stamps from your old world to that. 
The new stamps will show up in the Stamp Browser as Scanned. 

To access the scanner you need to go to the Gaia Manager - Advanced - Tools - Scanner. 

Then drag the terrain into that window. 
Please note that it only scans one terrain at a time which that is a limitation by Unity as you cant do multi-terrain editing. 

18 hours ago, Bryan said:

Sorry did not see this. 

It is possible but kind of a pain. 
You would need to use the Scanner tool and create stamps out of your terrain. 
Then create a new multi-terrain setup and then apply the stamps from your old world to that. 
The new stamps will show up in the Stamp Browser as Scanned. 

To access the scanner you need to go to the Gaia Manager - Advanced - Tools - Scanner. 

Then drag the terrain into that window. 
Please note that it only scans one terrain at a time which that is a limitation by Unity as you cant do multi-terrain editing. 

Ok! It's not suitable in my case, i'd lost all the work i have done 😕

Thanks anyway, i'll figure it out something 😉