When I imported the AI package to my project, it blew it all up.

jdrake6789

Unity 2022.3.17f1

URP

Synopsis - importing the AI Game Development Toolkit makes it so that Gaia is no longer functional, or even accessible inside the editor.

In order to ensure that the problem wasn't a one-off on my computer, I started from scratch, and verified that it is without question the AI Game Development Toolkit that's blowing everything up. The steps I took are as follows:

I imported Gaia Pro through the package manager and installed the 'Input System'.

I then downloaded the "AI Game Development Toolkit (Gaia ML) 3.4.1" from Canopy, which came in as "GaiaMLv341.zip". I went back to Unity and installed the package via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package > and then selected Gaia ML v341.

When I do so, I get several console warnings. If I close the project and open it again, I'm told:

"The project you are opening contains compilation errors.

Entering Safe Mode allows you to resolve these errors without waiting for the rest of your project to import.

If you select Ignore (not recommended), your project will continue to import, but it may be in a broken or unusable state."

When I open in safe mode, I get the following 10 warnings:

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(15,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UnityStandardAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Photo Mode\PhotoMode.cs(16,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UnityStandardAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Utils\GaiaUtils.cs(27,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UnityStandardAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Utils\GaiaUtils.cs(28,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UnityStandardAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Utils\GaiaUtils.cs(29,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UnityStandardAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\ResourcesSystem\ResourceProtoTree.cs(84,21): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FloraLOD' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\ResourcesSystem\ResourceProtoDetail.cs(64,21): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FloraLOD' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Stamping System\Stamper.cs(271,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WorldMapStampToken' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Spawning System\Spawner.cs(6516,100): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FloraLODIdOverrides' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Core\Spawning System\Spawner.cs(6516,162): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FloraLODIdOverrides' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

If I then exit safe mode, I can no longer access the Gaia Manager, and I'm dead in the water. Please help.

Yeah you cant do that as that would be two separate Gaia versions in the same project you would need to use one or the other.