Sectr Audio broken

Wavyeye

In a new empty URP core project on LTS, import Sectr, open the Audio window click on a clip and over 300 errors

Unknown platform passed to AudioImporter.ContainsSampleSettingsOverride (Unknown)
UnityEditor.AudioImporter:ContainsSampleSettingsOverride (string)
SECTR_AudioWindow:GetPreloadAudioDataSetting (UnityEditor.AudioImporter) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/SECTR/Scripts/Editor/Audio/SECTR_AudioWindow.cs:1260)
SECTR_AudioWindow:_DrawClipList () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/SECTR/Scripts/Editor/Audio/SECTR_AudioWindow.cs:1121)
SECTR_AudioWindow:OnGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/SECTR/Scripts/Editor/Audio/SECTR_AudioWindow.cs:437)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Hi @Wavyeye which exact unity version are you using? I just tried to reproduce the issue in 2022.3.15 and did not get this error when opening the Audio window and clicking on the clips in there.
When googling this error message, I found that this seems to be a generic problem with Unity and Audio files, there are various posts about this issue where Sectr is not involved, e.g.:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/strange-sound-error-on-import.950221/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64248594/error-comes-when-importing-a-audio-file-to-unity-2020-1

When you browse through the clips in Procedural Worlds > SECTR > Demos > Assets, are you able to see and play back the clips in the inspector? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Wavyeye,

I did test it under 2022.3.20 again and was able to reproduce the issue. I cannot 100% tell what is going on, it seems this is a bug / oversight in the newer Unity LTS releases where the API for the Audio Importer does not recognize the Editor itself as a valid platform anymore. 
Luckily there is an alternative way to get the Sample Settings Override by build target group, this does not produce the same error for me. I created a hotfix for this issue which you can download here:

SECTRAudioWindowPlatformFix.zip

You can install the contained unitypackage via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package in the Unity Editor. Could you please let me know if the fix works for you, this would then become part of the next sectr update then.