Loading screen for ever

Leandro

Hi, I'm now having an issue with my spawners as every time I select one of them it starts a new window with the importing text message, and after that, the loading terrain text message, but it never quits or ends.

Thanks in advance.
Leandro

TMM_spawners_issue.png

This loading terrain progress bar sadly isn't a Procedural Worlds progress bar this is Unity trying to load a Unity terrain. 
You could try to reduce the range on the spawner to help it come back or you can click on the bar and move it. 
Otherwise, you could try restarting the editor every so often. 

I have found that Unity's memory tends to clog up (with and without Procedural Worlds) after a while. 
Restarting the application and anything using the GPU would help this. 
You could also try clearing your cache. 

Hi I got problems for example trying to clear whatever the spawner generated and got the following error message

Thanks in advance
Leandro

TMM_spawners_issue_2.png

Can you please tell me what Gaia Version and Unity version you are using? 

Example Gaia Pro 2023 Unity 2023.2.x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, finally I got to export every one of the terrain tiles as an exr heightmap. The problem appears when I'm trying to use stamps for each one of the tiles, as they are not aligned correctly with the base of the terrain floor after hitting the "fit to terrain" button. I have a few pics to illustrate the issue.
I need to make this work as I have to continue working on the hole 25 terrains.

Thanks in advance.
Leandro

gaia_stamp_1.png

gaia_stamp_2.png

You may want to add masks like a distance mask and then change the influence from global to local or vise versa. 

Where to add those features? Exporting again all the height maps or in the stamps?

I have another question about mask map exporter.
I don't know why, but The gizmo only fits to the first terrain tile even when hitting the "Fit to World" button.

Got no error messages on the console.
¿Any idea why could this happen?

Thanks
Leandro

Gaia_fit_to_world.gif

I believe your terrain data and the terrain manager are off. 
That could be one of the reasons that its loading forever. 
The best thing to do in this case if you are wanting to keep this map I would scan it through the Scanner tool. 
Which can be found in the advanced tab - Tools - Scanner. 

Create a new stamp and a new scene. 

Then stamp your own on new terrains. 
Somehow the data is all corrupted 

The Sanner I have to do it manually for each one of the Terrain tiles, ¿correct?

Sadly thats correct. 
Due to Unity not supporting multi-terrains 

I managed to recover from an older backup, and now it seems to work fine. I lost a bit of work, but it's not that bad.
I have a new issue with some old stamps that were lacking to be impacted on that backup and when copying from one scene to another, they lost the reference to the stamps and attributes that were setup.
So I started saving each one individually. Almost all worked out except for the ones that are effects that apply over the others that use actually stamps images and not masks.
In the first picture the one that is correct and was saved, in the other one the one that was loaded. Notice that some parameters were not correctly loaded or saved.

tmm_STAMP_SAVE.png

tmm_STAMP_LOAD.png

Yeah this could be resolution differences and size differences that can cause this. 
Mainly when moving smaller I have noticed this as well. 
It does make sense why this happens due to references in size changes and the stamper doesn't know that. 
Best case reset the stamper transform.