Error Message about lightmap and ambient settings

WeitingTu
Go to solution Solved by WeitingTu,

Hello, when I select World Designer from Hierarchy, the following error pops up:

Setting up default lightmap and ambient settings had a issue Object reference not set to an instance of an object This came from   at Gaia.GaiaLighting.SetDefaultAmbientLight (Gaia.GaiaLightingProfile profile) [0x00098] in My project address\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Gaia\Scripts\Editor\Lighting System\GaiaLighting.cs:1426 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Gaia.GaiaLighting:SetDefaultAmbientLight (Gaia.GaiaLightingProfile) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Packages - Install/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/Lighting System/GaiaLighting.cs:1431)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:DrawWorldCreation (bool) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Packages - Install/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/Misc/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:1928)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent,string,System.Action`1<bool>,UnityEngine.GUIStyle,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent,string,System.Action`1<bool>,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Panel (string,System.Action`1<bool>,bool,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:WorldCreationTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Packages - Install/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/Misc/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:1270)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Tabs (PWCommon5.TabSet,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:StandardTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Packages - Install/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/Misc/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:1263)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils:Tabs (PWCommon5.TabSet,UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor:OnGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Packages - Install/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/Misc/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:4140)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

how can I fix this?

Can you please tell me what Gaia version and Unity version you are using? 
Example Gaia Pro 2023 4.0.7 Unity 2023.1.X

Sure! The Gaia Version I'm on is Gaia Pro 2023 4.0.4-c5 and the Unity version is 2022.3.12f1

Hi @WeitingTu,

I looked into this error and it seems like this might be an issue with the Lighting settings asset found under Window > Rendering > Lighting here:

image.png

Normally, if there is already a Lighting settings object in this slot, Gaia should take this one. If the slot is empty in your scene, Gaia should create a new settings object called "Gaia Lighting Settings" for you. It looks like in your scene there is a problem with that lighting settings asset. Could you please check if there is one in there, or if it is maybe a missing reference?
If this does not give any new insights, could you please try to create a new lighting settings asset yourself before you select the World Designer in the Hierarchy?

Hi @Peter
Thanks for the advice.
I've checked the Lighting Settings there and there's already one called Gaia Lighting Settings in the slot.
I still proceed to create a new one and replace it but the same error appears, is there any other place I can check?
image.thumb.png.39c95dea561b81512f83d2205cfebdc4.png

Hi @WeitingTu, thanks for checking this! I noticed that the error message visible in the console seems to be a different one, it now reads
"Setting post processing enable/disable state had an issue", the original error was
"
Setting up default lightmap and ambient settings had a issue"
If this is really a new error message, it means using a new lighting settings object was successful and it now has an additional issue. Could you please send the full error message for the Setting post processing enable/disable state had an issue error as well?

Hi @WeitingTu, I had a look at this newer error, and it is really strange, it looks like it is running into an error in an older function that is a leftover from Gaia 2021, but is not really used anymore. I created a patch for you that removes that function, can you please test if this works for you?

GaiaPostProcessingHotfix.zip

You can install the contained unitypackage via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package in the Unity Editor.

If the fix does work, this change will be added to Gaia oficially.