An installation issue.

GeekGangGames
Go to solution Solved by GeekGangGames,

When I install the latest Gaia Pro in Unity 2021.3.7fi, I get the following errors:

An error occurred while resolving packages:
  Project has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition: Package [com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.1.0] cannot be found
    com.unity.render-pipelines.universal: Package [com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.1.0] cannot be found
    com.unity.shadergraph: Package [com.unity.shadergraph@12.1.0] cannot be found

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of D:/The Old Bones/Packages/manifest.json file.

Unable to update following assemblies:Assets/Procedural Worlds/Flora/Scripts/Core/ProceduralWorlds.Flora.Core.dll (Name = ProceduralWorlds.Flora.Core, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp18cc58bf.tmp)

I can read what it's saying, that it's not finding pipelines, but I'm working with the Built-In Pipeline, and I haven't asked it to compile in URP or HDRP. I'll keep fiddling with it until I figure it out, and post if I figure it out by myself.

• Solution

So, apparently Unity does not install with up to date URP or HDRP pipelines all of the time. I updated those via package manager, and the error went away.

A good solution to that issue from this side might be not making Gaia dependent on pipelines it is not using.

2 hours ago, GeekGangGames said:

A good solution to that issue from this side might be not making Gaia dependent on pipelines it is not using.

This is the case already, otherwise Gaia would break instantly if you e.g. would run it in a project where no other pipeline is installed. You need to go through a dedicated setup process to unlock the pipeline specific code in Gaia.
I would expect that error to occur on potentially any .dll that you import into your project if there is an issue with package dependencies.

• Like 1

Hmm.

Well, I installed Gaia on a project running the built-in pipeline, but it wouldn't compile because it said it had package dependencies on URP and HDRP. It compiled once I updated the HDRP and URP packages in Unity. It was just the first time I ran into an unused-in-project package dependency like that, so it was confusing.

Plus, heh, I can't pretend I know this engine inside and out, so you know, grain of salt and all that ... lots of stuff to figure out.