Errors in build

TakeruGrima
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hello,

I tried to build my project and I use GeNa in the project. In the log, i have this error :

Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x00008] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at GeNa.Core.GeNaManager.Dispose () [0x00073] in <bd27a45fe363481c9cedef3dd3cd6842>:0 
  at GeNa.Core.GeNaManager.OnAfterDeserialize () [0x00000] in <bd27a45fe363481c9cedef3dd3cd6842>:0 

Do you guys know what is the issue here ?

15 hours ago, TakeruGrima said:

Hello,

I tried to build my project and I use GeNa in the project. In the log, i have this error :

Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x00008] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at GeNa.Core.GeNaManager.Dispose () [0x00073] in <bd27a45fe363481c9cedef3dd3cd6842>:0 
  at GeNa.Core.GeNaManager.OnAfterDeserialize () [0x00000] in <bd27a45fe363481c9cedef3dd3cd6842>:0 

Do you guys know what is the issue here ?

Hi there @TakeruGrima,

I've noticed this was an issue with one of our latest releases. The reason this bug happens is because Unity has weird event timings that can cause this specific error to occur depending on the machine you're running on. 

That being said, I am looking to try to make this part redundant and do it way earlier in the process. Once the new version (3.3.21) is released, download it and give it a try. If it still causes the error, reply back to this thread 🙂

8 hours ago, TakeruGrima said:

I also have these errors :

spacer.png

It happen when I want to spawn object in runtime with GeNa.

As for this issue, this is something I am actively trying to resolve but it is very tricky because it's only happening on certain machines and is very hard to trace.

Please keep an eye on this thread for that issue.

Hi, we would like to know an ETA about this, because we are having a playtest soon, and this is kinda really annoying if our servers can't run the map that we should have.
Any ETA possible ?

Any news in on this subject ? Because we need to spawn the objects on our server (with dedicated server) but with the current state we can only do that with the normal build settings, meaning the server need to show the map to be able to spawn trees etc... But it will cost unecessary resources on our GPU. 

Please be careful of marking the post as solved, otherwise it might not get seen. 
I have messaged Manny regarding this issue. 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, Bryan said:

Please be careful of marking the post as solved, otherwise it might not get seen. 
I have messaged Manny regarding this issue. 

I am sorry didn't see that the post was marked as resolved. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, TakeruGrima said:

Any news in on this subject ? Because we need to spawn the objects on our server (with dedicated server) but with the current state we can only do that with the normal build settings, meaning the server need to show the map to be able to spawn trees etc... But it will cost unecessary resources on our GPU. 

But is there any news on this topic ?

17 hours ago, TakeruGrima said:

I am sorry didn't see that the post was marked as resolved. 

But is there any news on this topic ?

Hey there @TakeruGrima,

Just letting you know, I have managed to find the issue and I wrote a condition that throws a warning out of the program if it detects that Compute Shaders are not supported.

I've also fixed the other bug regarding serialization. Be on the lookout for the new version of GeNa, we're just finalizing and testing other parts of this new version (3.3.21)

• Solution

Hi there!

This issue has been fixed in the new latest version of GeNa (v3.3.21).
You can download it via the Unity Package Manager or via Canopy if you are a subscriber here: