Load multiple terrain scenes in game

Eduardo M.A.R.
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello, I have an issue with Gaia Pro 2021. I generated a world with 50x50 small terrains in Unity, each of which generated a terrain scene so as to better use memory and processing power, as Gaia recommends. However, the problem is when I hit play, I can only interact with and see 2x2 small terrains. If I get out of the play mode and change the settings on the scene menu, it will load other 2x2 terrain scenes, but not the previous ones, at the same time, when I hit play. I would like to know how can I load the adjacent terrain scenes as I move with the playable character and unload the ones I get distant to. In this way, I can have a smooth and pleasant gameplay. It's a very small problem, but I can't seem to figure it out looking for its solution in my searches online so far. Can anyone help me?

• Solution

Hi @Eduardo M.A.R., it sounds like you need to increase the loading range on your Gaia Player / Terrain Loader component: If you set Gaia up to produce multiple smaller terrain tiles, those tiles can be loaded in and out during runtime to preserve resources.
image.png

The loading range controls how large of an area surrounding the player is being loaded as the player moves around in the world. 

During design time you can control which part of the world is being loaded in various ways, you can for example set a larger radius in the scene view panel, or switch it to load terrain based on the position of the scene view camera instead:

image.png

You can learn more about terrain loading with Gaia in this library article:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/creating_runtime/2-terrain-loading-streaming-in-gaia-pro-gaia-pro-2021-r64/

Thank you for your answer! I'll be testing the solution as soon as possible, probably this weekend. I have searched for this piece of information for a very long time!