grass render speed

Guidos

Hey all, Im trying to work out how to avoid my grass suddenly rendering and disappearing again.

At times (seemingly random) it flickers on and off, almost flashes as if Gaia isn't sure whether to render a grass/flower object or not. 

As my character walks the terrain, or turns around, at times the grass/flowers will suddenly render and also disappear. I can't see any way to make them load more slowly. Are there any options for a slower render load?

Thanks

Ive narrowed the flicker down to the spawn of 'PW_Grass_Patch_02'

Please see attached. Is this something to do with the LOD settings with the Flora System?

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10.52.42.png

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10.52.56.png

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10.53.14.png

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 10.53.56.png

• 3 weeks later...

What I'm writing might be silly, but I observed many things when using Procedural. Among other things: when I create all the objects, trees, stones, etc. in a scene at once, it takes a very long time and errors can appear, especially on a large map. However, by applying the spawners one by one, the creation time is drastically reduced and the various objects are spawned much more accurately. Maybe the faulty display has something to do with it. I do not know.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, I believe that its the same time if you were spawning the biome all at one time vs spawning each spawner individually. Just may seem faster because each spawner shouldnt take that long to spawn depending on the world size. 
As far as errors occurring this is also possible. This could be related to your PC Specs or how much you are spawning making Unity run out of Memory during these processes. 

A good rule of thumb when I am using Gaia Biomes is that I spawn each Sub-Section. 
Tree spawner then grass spawner then rock spawner, etc. 

I tend to stay away from spawning the entire biome all at one time depending on the world size that I have. 
Mainly because you want to make loads of adjustments. 

If you have completed your biome and you know its exactly what you want but you need it in a new scene or on the next terrain this is the only other time that I spawn it entirely at time of spawn.