Anyone report any issues with UI conflicts when using Gaia and Game Creator?

Flapman007
Go to solution Solved by Flapman007,

Hi all,

I have been working on a project where I am building my game with Game Creator and Gaia (for terrain).   When I implement the Inventory Module (Game Creator) in my UI, the UI Inventory is non-interactable after I access it the first time.  The second time and beyond, during run-time, I can't make anything in the inventory section work.  I did not know if this is something related to a conflict with Gaia or not.   I have repeated the steps multiple times.   The only difference between my project and other similar ones is the Gaia Terrain.

Here is a quick video I made to show what happens.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Video

Hi @Flapman007, from our side there are no known issues with this combination of assets. I do not know Game Creator too well, but for me it looks like when you open the menu for the second time around, the inventory buttons are greyed out, as if they were deactivated for some reason. When you then switch tabs they do light up after, but my guess is this is only cosmetic on the surface in the background they were still not fully active for some reason and won't process the clicks on them.
How are clicks on the UI being processed? It would be good to investigate if the clicks "arrive" in the scripts that process the inventory, or if they are not processed somewhere before.

• Solution

Hi Peter,

You'll be happy to know, the problem was they way the UI was set up.  It was nothing to do with a conflict with the Gaia engine.   I had to do with how Game Creator's Inventory Prefab reacted with a parent object.  If I made the parent and empty object and put that empty in the main directory, everything worked.  🙂

• Like 1