Cleanup when level is done

zumwaltwood

So once I am done designing the level using GAIA and GeNa, how do I clean up the scene to get rid of all of the tree items not needed for the scene and where do I find and delete the UI plus get rid of the key mapping? I do not want the overlay nor the script that is listening for key presses.

GUICleanUp.JPG

Hate to be a bother on this, but really, what all do I need to do to remove all of the extra stuff once the level is finished? I don't want all the UI controls or anything, just the built scene.

21 hours ago, zumwaltwood said:

So once I am done designing the level using GAIA and GeNa, how do I clean up the scene to get rid of all of the tree items not needed for the scene and where do I find and delete the UI plus get rid of the key mapping? I do not want the overlay nor the script that is listening for key presses.

Apologies for a late reply, if you do not want the Gaia UI anymore you can just deleted it under Gaia Runtime/Gaia Player/Gaia UI in the Hierarchy. This will remove all the UI related elements in Gaia and also any keycode callbacks that gaia uses to show/hide our UI.

334390545_DeleteUI.png.79b22ef03114a6747f75a9b5d112bcf7.png

Thank you kindly, can i make a request that  you all move the Event System, the Gaia UI and all the other optional items into a different folder, one that once a level is done that we can just delete that game object and all of the items that are not needed to maintain the scene in a game can be removed? This takes care of the UI, I kept getting a "duplicate event system" error and didn't realize you had an event system in your list also, so I needed to basically combine them but it took a while to find yours, I need all of the do not destroy on load items removed also since when I leave the map and go to another map, it holds on to those items and when i go back and forth they keep duplicating.

Trying to make it so I can use this to build the level and delete what is not needed for continued use of the level in a game.

That is a bit difficult for us to do, because the "items that are not needed to maintain the scene" would differ from user to user - one user would want to have a player and lighting in the scene, while others would only want to have the water and so on. If you for example add water to the scene and expect that water to work if you open that scene as a stand-alone scene, the water object and its children would need to stay in there. Same with the player: If you expect the original Gaia player setup to be working when you open and run the scene, all the player stuff needs to be in there. If you would not want to have a player in the scene, you would either need to not set one up during the runtime creation, or delete the Gaia Player object afterwards when you decide you do not need it anymore. 

For us it is difficult to tell that you set up a player initially in the create runtime process, but want that one removed later on again. 

15 hours ago, zumwaltwood said:

I need all of the do not destroy on load items removed also

Do you know one of those items that Gaia created? As far as I know we should not create those at all, unless I forgot one.

I think the do not destroy on load is limited to GeNa, on the GAIA objects, I mean things that are the spawners, you do not need those once the level is built, they are needed during the build process so cleaning out all of the spawners when the level is done is fine because their use is over, the UI stuff no longer needs to exist, only anything that needs to remain to keep the scene intact is what I am talking about, the things that keep the wind, water, etc, all of the core that keeps the scene visually going.  Basically being able to "bake" the scene, probably a bad definition of what I am trying to describe.  Oh, this also brings up the problem if the MainCamera, your code destroys the MainCamera thats not good, can  you stop deleting the MainCamera in  your code?

Edited by zumwaltwood

On 12/31/2021 at 3:29 PM, zumwaltwood said:

Basically being able to "bake" the scene, probably a bad definition of what I am trying to describe.

Ah ok, I see, this would essentially boil down to delete the Gaia Tools game object - all the other stuff in the Gaia Runtime folder would be needed to keep the scene intact visually (Wind, Water, etc.) and maybe the UI hints if you do not want those to be displayed in the build anymore.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:29 PM, zumwaltwood said:

Oh, this also brings up the problem if the MainCamera, your code destroys the MainCamera thats not good, can  you stop deleting the MainCamera in  your code?

Yes, this was a bug where Gaia would think the "Main Camera" was one of the camera it created itself and would remove it when updating the player type. We relased a new Gaia update 3.1.4 yesterday which fixes this issue, you can get it from the download area over here: https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/files/file/2-gaia-pro-2021/ (and on the asset store of course if you happen to own it there as well)

Thanks for updating that bug and fixing it, going to update my packages now, yea I purchased it not only through the subscription to the site here but also on in Unity store.