Gena/PW Runtime API Questions

RightAndExactStudios
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello, I'm considering purchasing Gena and was unable to find the answer to a few questions that are pertinent to the requirements of my project. I was hoping to get an answer before purchasing.

1. Can Gena or another PW tool allow completely random terrains to be generated at runtime?

2. If so, what sort of control is offered around that generation at runtime? For example, can the size of the terrain be controlled? The shape? (island or surrounded by some mountains) Texture placement? object placement? Being able to set some sort of rules around these things at runtime for procedural generation would be ideal.

3. Do you guys distribute the source code with purchase in case I need to modify it to accommodate specifics needs or is it provided as an obfuscated or native dll?

I may have a couple more follow up questions depending on the answer but I think this covers the main questions I need to know.  Thanks!

• Solution
1 hour ago, RightAndExactStudios said:

1. Can Gena or another PW tool allow completely random terrains to be generated at runtime?

Not at this time no. We may have something in the works but no information on that yet. 
Gaia Pro 2021 can procedurally generate worlds but only in editor design time. 

1 hour ago, RightAndExactStudios said:

3. Do you guys distribute the source code with purchase in case I need to modify it to accommodate specifics needs or is it provided as an obfuscated or native dll?

You can send us a message about buying source code, but out of the box its not closed.