Gena splines questions

Bharat Sharma
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Is it possible to spawn small and medium size prefab along with splines? 

Time stamp- 18-21 mins

Can we achieve something similar with gena, Including texture blending? 

Hi @Bharat Sharma, yes I think this should be possible - you can call any GeNa spawner along a spline with the "Spawner" spline extension. You can see this here for example around 18 minutes where rocks are spawned into a river:

For texturing you could either use the texture spline extension to completely retexture along the spline, or add a terrain modifier component in the prefab that you spawn that textures the terrain around the prefab.

Hello @Peter, I'm looking to spawn something like these mid sized rocks (collection of rocks randomized, when you spawn) , along side with river.

I recently bought the big environment pack there is no example for river spline spawning. Nice pack. In the BERP pack  castle 2 never spawned correctly (HDRP 2021.3.7).

Can show me how can spawn things like that? It's the forest pack from nature manufacture.

rocks.png

On 8/4/2022 at 2:07 PM, Bharat Sharma said:

I'm looking to spawn something like these mid sized rocks (collection of rocks randomized, when you spawn) , along side with river.

I sent you a video above that shows EXACTLY that, could you please send screenshots from how you recreate what is shown in the video and at which part you are stuck?

On 8/6/2022 at 1:04 AM, Peter said:

I sent you a video above that shows EXACTLY that, could you please send screenshots from how you recreate what is shown in the video and at which part you are stuck?

Hello @Peter, Yes, the spawning along with spline is working now but I'm not getting the correct results. Using BERP pack (Spawner - Small Cliff). I did try to create my own spawners first with forest pack but it takes more time than I expected.

Another issue if I add spline and then the river extension. River mesh floats over the terrain. 

Gena spline.png

river mesh.png

Looking at your rivers, it seems like they are sitting on top of the terrain, you would want to add a carve extension. 
This will give you some depth and then the river you would want to sit in the carve to be controlled. 
You may need to adjust the start depth as well. 

On 8/12/2022 at 5:28 AM, Bryan said:

Looking at your rivers, it seems like they are sitting on top of the terrain, you would want to add a carve extension. 
This will give you some depth and then the river you would want to sit in the carve to be controlled. 
You may need to adjust the start depth as well. 

When I add river spline separately. After Carve.

river mesh.png

On 8/12/2022 at 2:54 AM, Bharat Sharma said:

Hello @Peter, Yes, the spawning along with spline is working now but I'm not getting the correct results. Using BERP pack (Spawner - Small Cliff). I did try to create my own spawners first with forest pack but it takes more time than I expected.

Gena spline.png

What should do in this situation, any idea how can I fix this?

• Solution

You can manually adjust each node after creating your river: 
image.png

Then you have the red and blue dots which determines the angle the river goes which you can adjust these as well: 
image.png

Changing the start depth will help and also the carve 
Having the river flat against the terrain will cause some weird issues, you would want to add a bit of depth to that. 

• Bryan locked this topic