Terrains not loading

Vedad

After pulling an update from github I am unable to see my terrains. The console gives me a message "Unknown error occurred while loading 'Assets/Gaia User Data/Sessions/GS-20220713 - 234636/Terrain Data/Terrain_1_1-20220718 - 193401.asset".

How do I recover my terrains in the scene?

There is also another message: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Gaia.TerrainDetailOverwriteEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/TerrainDetailOverwriteEditor.cs:38)
spacer.png

Hi @Vedad, this sounds like the pull somehow corrupted the terrain data files - every terrain in unity has a data file associated with it. You can see those being referenced e.g. in the Terrain Collider component - in your screenshot it shows a missing reference which is also the reason why the terrain cannot be displayed. Gaia places those terrain data files per default in the "Terrain Data" folder in the session folder, the first error message mentions there seems to be an issue when unity tries to load that file, which indicates the file might be missing or corrupt.
The other error in the console is most likely a follow up-issue from that.
You would need to check on git if the last commit you pulled contained changes on those terrain data objects and return to an earlier state if possible.

Hi @Peter, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there is only one commit that I made to the files in the TerrainData folder and pulling them back from GitHub doesn't fix the issue. The *.asset files still are over 100MB so it looks like there is still some terrain data in them.