Gaia Pro 2023: Setup Tab/Window Can't Install Stamps!?

Bill Pomidor

I'm using my own stamps for my current project, so I hadn't even noticed this issue -- at least, not until the console started sprouting grumpy messages about not being able to find the stamps.  Gaia's Setup window/tab showed a blue question mark next to the "Stamps" item.
image.png.5a34a664a9c9d2e02beeac5666d9d62f.png

I tried reimporting and reinstalling but no luck -- the editor/stamping tab didn't show any listings under "Stamps."

During my original Gaia install (a couple of days ago), I had left *everything* checked/chosen. Now, when I try a third time to reimport Gaia, I get inconsistent results with regard to what's tagged for import as "New."  The second image shows the importer's report/plan when I just tried to reimport Gaia (all other files/folders were grayed out and/or un-selectable).  On the previous try the importer had tagged *other* files/folders as "New."  
image.png.b9c06fa54de1439bbd874475e9d232f7.png

The third image shows the Setup window during my 3rd attempt.  My second attempt, just prior to this, had "Update and delete source" chosen wherever available.

image.png.5e66bb43983e07cb16ac43cc2a8f8bec.png

I'd rather not have to tear Gaia out and rebuild, since that requires a substantial block of time.  Ironically, I don't NEED to make any changes to Gaia; I'm just trying to resolve the red error messages about missing stamps.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Bill Pomidor
clarifying reference to setup window

Update (10 minutes later 🙄): I just re-attempted Gaia's Setup tab, but this time I chose only the operations (update/install/etc) *without* choosing to "Delete Source" for any of the setup actions.

For the first time, I'm getting a clean board (see below).  Perhaps this will fix Gaia's red error messages about missing stamps (which, again, I don't need anyway!).

One thing I'm wondering is whether Setup is deleting "source" items that are actually intended to be left inside the project (particularly the Stamps folders)?

image.png.6fd54785a478486458713aca319a43a8.png

Update:  Although the Setup errors have disappeared, the red Console warnings persist.  Whenever I click on any of the spawners in the project (Synty Low Poly Biome -- e.g. Synty Detail Spawner, or Synty Farm Spawner), the "missing stamps folder" error still pops up.  And the actual Stamper window (with its drop-down list of Stamp categories) shows *nothing* in the drop-down list.

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'P:\0 23 99 CoST Outdoors LTS Update Path_U2022.3.19_LTS\Assets\Procedural Worlds\Packages - Install\Stamps'.

Update: Still having the same problem.

Not sure if I made this clear, but the reason I'm trying to resolve the error is because I'm unable to spawn any of the Synty farm prefabs/instances, even though the map shows plenty of usable locations. When I try to open one of the farm prefabs (from the Project tab, since none of the farm assets show up on the map itself), I get spammed with a whole mess of error messages (see below).

Not sure if this is a problem with the Synty package (I purchased their Polygon Nature package along with the corresponding Spawner Pack for Polygon Nature).  At this point, I'm afraid I've wasted a lot of money on custom spawners and Synty packages (along with a lot of time).

Anyway, here's the latest set of errors; it shows up when I try to open one of the farm prefabs (in the Project tab, not in the scene):

image.png.de815e74fd71a8ca00c113d9751d9046.png

The "RenderTexture.Create" error (plus "Scene view texture is null" and "ArgumentException: Graphics.SetRenderTarget . . .") is repeated hundreds of times, and finally ends this sequence, plus endless repetitions of the three yellow warnings as shown below:

image.png.56752ae9b1e42507e285750f2da22991.png

I've got to work around the problems if I can, so I won't bother with any more updates.  If you need the logs and/or Session record, etc., let me know (though it may be a while before I return to the problematic Synty spawners).

Re the latest set of errors: in the light of day (and a few hours of sleep!), it seems clear that the warnings are probably related to an editor / scene view issue rather than Gaia/Gena/Polyworlds, so please ignore (or delete) that post. I'd go ahead and delete it myself but that might make things even more confusing/muddled. 

(BTW: The Synty spawner problems persist, but I'm switching to a different (non-Synty) approach)

Thanks!

Edited by Bill Pomidor
Clarification

I am sorry there was a lot here so which ones did you solve and which ones are you needing help with? 

Hi Bryan,

Glad you didn't waste your time trying to parse through that mess!

I went ahead and reinstalled Gaia Pro 2023 (4.0.7-c5) and Gena Pro (3.5.5-c5). The error that worries me is the JobTempAlloc error -- but closing and reopening the project seems to have fixed that problem (for now at least). Other errors seem to be fixable by installing ALL the components even if I don't want them.

Problem #1 -- Stamps Package Installation Errors:

This time, I allowed the Stamps package to install from the start, and I think that took care of the problem. In other words, from what I can tell, the problem stems from trying to run Gaia/Unity when you chose NOT to install the Stamps pack at all. I'm guessing that the Stamps functionality may depend on something inside the Stamps installation group.  I don't need the stamps themselves, so I'll probably just delete them instead.

Problem #2 -- JobTempAlloc error -- this is one that most I'm concerned about:

This error didn't show up until I installed the Polygon Nature asset plus the P.N. Spawner pack. When I opened DemoScene_01, I was spammed with these yellow errors:

Internal: deleting an allocation that is older than its permitted lifetime of 4 frames (age = 7)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than the maximum lifespan of 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

To Debug, run app with -diag-job-temp-memory-leak-validation cmd line argument. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations.

The error spamming only stopped after I closed and reopened the project (closing/starting a new scene had no effect).  Unfortunately, when I reopened the project, I got this error:

Unable to use UDP port 56082 for VS/Unity messaging. You should check if another process is already bound to this port or if your firewall settings are compatible.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
Microsoft.Unity.VisualStudio.Editor.VisualStudioIntegration/<>c:<.cctor>b__6_0 () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.visualstudio@2.0.22/Editor/VisualStudioIntegration.cs:55)
Microsoft.Unity.VisualStudio.Editor.VisualStudioIntegration/<>c__DisplayClass8_0:<RunOnceOnUpdate>b__0 () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ide.visualstudio@2.0.22/Editor/VisualStudioIntegration.cs:100)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Reopening DemoScene_01 (the second time, once the project had been closed and reopened) led to this yellow error:

Could not create a custom UI for the shader 'SyntyStudios/Water'. The shader has the following: 'CustomEditor = ASEMaterialInspector'. Does the custom editor specified include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

This may be related to the fact that I didn't allow the system to install HD Water -- perhaps this problem is similar to the Stamps component, in that it SHOULD be installed even if not needed?

Problem #3 -- Minor glitch involving prefab parenting in Polygon Nature's demo scene (DemoScene_01):

This is a trivial issue that apparently fixes itself, but the red errors might alarm some devs.

image.png.d5a41c19c49d6b4571fcf379714a7c53.png

Problem #4 -- Minor glitch involving missing script in Asset Samples - Synty Studios:

This is also a trivial issue, I believe, related to a missing Gena script inside the sample prefabs. Initially I thought it was related to Gena not having yet been installed, but when I repeated the process AFTER Gena was installed, the same error shows up:

Error while saving Prefab: 'Assets/Procedural Worlds/Packages - Install/Asset Samples - Synty Studios/GeNa Spawners/GeNa Spawners/GeNa Spawner - Fence_1.prefab'. You are trying to save a Prefab with a missing script. This is not allowed.
Please change the script or remove it from the GameObject 'GeNa Spawner - Fence_1'.